Jonathan Rainbow:
So Mister Mc.G, how are you holding up? A big
man like you
Must be
tough on you to hear about your son?
Want to
have a little chat.
Mister Mc.Grandy:
I never
talk about these things. Never learned to do that
My wife she
is wonderful to me but I can’t talk to her about these bad things. She always
says look on the bright side.
DAMN, DAMN.
WHAT BRIGHT SIDE! YOU TELL ME!
GIVE ME THE
BRIGHT SIDE OF HAVING CANCER.
I DON’T
WANT TO CRY, OH MY GOD MY SON HAS CANCER. HE HAS GOD DAMNED CANCER.
WHY GOD
WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG TO DESERVE THIS. I WENT TO CHURCH EVERY DAMN SUNDAY.
LIVED MY
LIFE AS A GOOD CHRISTIAN I CANNOT TAKE THIS ANYMORE. JONATHAN, MY GOD JONATHAN
HELP ME PLEASE. I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO.
Jonathan Rainbow:
Mister
Mc.Grandy, I know it hurts like hell. Maybe losing my best friend, who do I
turn to when I want to nag about the weather and try all the restaurants in the
neighborhood? It looks like I have taken life for granted and our friendship.
Why, why, why,
Mister Mc.Grandy:
Now we are both crying our lungs out. We
have to be strong for him. What came over me? I never get mad that easily and
my emotions drawn out of me. It was you Jonathan. You made me feel secure. Yes,
you made an old man feel secure. Secure enough to show his emotions. I really
love my wife but what you just did. Thank you for being there for me and my
son. You two never got married.
Jonathan Rainbow:
I guess we never thought about it.
We better get inside before they miss us
and
hot coffee is waiting.
No comments:
Post a Comment